Enabling a seamless digital experience at one of the largest specialty casual dining restaurant chains.
With restaurants at over 140 locations, Barbeque Nation provides their customers a memorable experience when they dine in. The objective of this project was to provide a seamless digital experience to their customers that is consistent with what they deliver at restaurant locations. Our role in the project was to provide a solution platform that acts as the central front end interface that interworks with various existing systems to provide a seamless experience when it came to:
- Dynamic Restaurant menu setup, exploration and pre-ordering
- Advance Table booking and prevention of fake bookings
- Loyalty management and availing of offers
- Payments for meals at POS or using mobile apps
- Launching generic and restaurant specific marketing promotions
- And a host of other functions
- Interfacing and interworking with Legacy systems that were rigid with workflows and I/O parameters.
- Large number of varied use cases and scenarios required that a robust and holistic solution be provided.
- Capabilities to configure menus per zone or per restaurant based on various parameters and permission levels.
- The Solution provided needed to handle exceptionally large volume of traffic (capability to serve over 300 million prospective users)
- Talk to us to find out more
Our Solution Approach - Decoupled Drupal
We first story boarded all the possible scenarios and discovered the existing systems and their touch points in each of the scenarios. We then set out on designing a solution that would run a state machine while interacting with the existing systems such that the desired outcome was achieved. The solution had to be headless/decoupled and API driven as it had to interwork with a large number of external systems and also provide the best performance. An API layer was built in order to consume and provide parameters required to interwork with the existing systems. The API layer formed the interface between the core state machine of our solution and the external entities such as the existing legacy systems as well as the mobile app front end. To enable API based communication on the web front-end, we built it using Angular. Take a look at the main Drupal modules we used.
- Handling over 1 Million transactions/month
- Effectively detected and controlled fraudulent/fake bookings
- Drastically reduced time to launch marketing initiatives
- Enabled efficiency of overall operations by providing effective regional control