See how we enabled morning cart launch a compelling service catering to one of the largest and unorganized segments in retail.
Morning cart is a mobile and web application intended at simplifying the way morning/daily needs items such as milk, newspaper, eggs, breakfast, butter etc. are ordered and delivered . Users can register and log on to the morning cart website or mobile app and subscribe for morning needs commodities and choose the days of the week on which the items need to be delivered.
Morning cart (now acquired by India's largest grocery retailer) chose Specbee to build the whole e-commerce ecosystem including the subscription engine, the order management system, the delivery management system, front ending website and mobile apps.
- Morning cart e-commerce website.
- Morning cart m-commerce mobile app for Android and iPhone.
- Morning cart Order and delivery management mobile application for Distributors (Retailers) and backend enabling this.
- Morning cart Delivery Management System.
- Morning cart Order Management System.
- Morning cart point of delivery mobile application for Delivery Boy and backend enabling this.
- Adaptive user registration framework tunable based on serviceable areas.
- Robust and highly scalable SKU creation and management framework customisable upto a per subscriber level.
- Shopping cart configuration and management offering maximum flexibility handling ad-hoc as well as perpetual subscriptions within the same cart
- Multiple payment options: Debit card, credit card, net banking integratable with any payment gateway.
- Customized closed wallet for each subscriber with on demand wallet statements.
- Flexible and fully customizable discount/offer creation/management module.
- Fully customizable subscription management framework.
- Flexible seller (distributor) creation framework and mapping with Area, product, delivery agent.
- Distributors know exactly what they need to stock up for tomorrow’s delivery by logging on to their Distributor App.
- Delivery network creation capabilities that allows a distributor to assign distribution areas/addresses to delivery agents the way he wants it.
- Distributor knows exactly how much business he has done and what is the potential market size.
- Distributor has complete track of orders and deliveries that have been made as well as those that have been cancelled/missed out or yet to be delivered.
- Delivery boys know exactly to whom they need to deliver and what items they need to deliver by looking at their dashboard on the mobile application.
- Delivery tracking using delivery boy mobile application as well as distributor mobile application.
- Subscriber is allowed to keep track of his spending. Wallet deductions can be matched with deliveries on the subscriber’s wallet screen.
- Compelling yet an uncomplicated user experience in spite of many subscription choices available to the user.
- Clean subscription view to see/modify their subscription.
- Minimal clicks enabling user to place order or change their subscription.
- Simple screen layouts for distributor and delivery boy to encourage adoption.
- The project comprising of the ecosystem, the front website, mobile applications (in total 4 mobile applications for the various actors involved in the ecosystem) was delivered within time and budgets.
- The app and website was launched successfully and has achieved and surpassed the revenue and growth targets that they had set for themselves. Morning cart today handles orders ranging to a few thousands on a daily basis and is growing rapidly.
Android and iOS (native) for mobile application development
Drupal Commerce for commerce as the core engine
HTML 5, CSS 3, BootStrap 3, JQuery, AJAX for the web front end
MySQL for database
LAMP for server stack
PHP 5 for engine development