Still on Drupal 6?
If you’re still stuck on to Drupal 6, you must know that everyone else has moved on. Today, the web has changed and so has Drupal. The Drupal community no longer supports Drupal 6 since February 2016. Which means, there will be no new drupal modules or features to look forward to, no more bug-fixes, security updates and patches. Thus putting your website’s security at high-risk and of course depriving it of some TLC from the community. If you still want the best for your website, migrate to Drupal 8 now! Yes, you can completely skip Drupal 7. Drupal’s migrate module is now included in Drupal 8 core and makes the switch easy and fast.
Personalized content has time and again proven to be one of the most effective content marketing strategies to improve your revenue. However, there is a fine line between personalization and being creepy. When you start using personalization the wrong way, you will look like an intruder. But when you implement it the right way, you will look like a company who cares for your consumer’s preferences and choices
Although Drupal 7 also supports personalization by providing many modules to select from, Drupal 8 makes the deal even sweeter. With personalization, there’s bound to be tons of unique content which cannot be cached. Lesser caching of a page means slower loading time, thereby driving the customer away. Drupal 8’s new BigPipe module to the rescue! It lets you segregate your page into different sections (called Pagelets) which can be rendered as they get available (Cached first). This lets you drastically improve your page’s perceived performance and speed.
Drupal 8 comes packed with even more powerful features and functionalities like never before. If you thought Drupal 6 or 7 was amazing, wait till you experience Drupal 8tweet this
Drupal 8 also integrates seamlessly with third-party personalization tools and our personal favourite is Acquia Lift that connects customer data with content efficiently. While Drupal 7 also provides this integration, it does not receive any new features now. The latest version of Acquia Lift in Drupal 8 features a suave in-context, drag and drop UI.
You’ve got your basics covered!
One of the most stunning features of Drupal 8 is that you have (almost) everything you need, out-of-the-box. This is why content managers are loving Drupal 8 - It’s almost like Drupal 8 has been personalized just for them.
- Responsive websites are not a luxury anymore, they are a necessity. All of Drupal 8’s themes are responsive off-the-rack – which not only works great with all devices also makes configuration and set up of your Drupal website a lot easier.
- A built-in, well configured WYSIWYG editor CKEditor lets you preview and edit your content in a breeze. You also have an in-place editor that lets you edit blocks, content, menus, etc. right in the same page.
- SEO gets you noticed and out-there. With some of Drupal’s built-in powerful SEO modules , you can take your website places! Modules like SEO Checklist, PathAuto, Redirect, MetaTag, etc. are killing it!
- The newest and most powerful version of HTML, which is HTML5 is now built-into Drupal 8. It lets you embed complex input elements like audio, video, date, email, etc with ease and better functionality across all devices.
- Take your business global with Drupal 8’s out-of-the-box multilingual support. You can not only create pages enabled with language-based views, even the admin interface allows you to select our preferred language. The built-in content translate modules enables you to translate any content entity into different languages.