Barbeque Nation has over 140 locations, serving up unforgettable dining experiences. They wanted make sure their digital presence matches the fantastic service and mouth-watering dishes you'd get in person. With this project, they're bringing the same seamless experience online for their loyal customers.
The Goal: Our mission for the project was to create a platform that serves as the one-stop-shop for all system interfaces, working together to create a smooth and effortless experience for users.
Our work in a nutshell
- A dynamic menu that's easy to explore and pre-order from
- Advance table booking to avoid fake bookings and secure your spot
- A loyalty program that saves money and offers exclusive perks
- Payment options at the POS or using mobile apps
- Regular marketing promotions to keep things fresh and exciting
- Plus, a ton of other cool features to make your dining experience unforgettable.
The Challenge: Upgrading old Legacy systems with inflexible workflows and input/output settings
- Revamping outdated Legacy systems can be a daunting task, especially when confronted with rigid workflows and I/O parameters. We needed a sturdy and comprehensive solution to tackle a wide range of situations and scenarios.
- Our solution permits the configuration of menus zone-wise or restaurant-wise, using different parameters and permission levels to fit your unique requirements. Even handling traffic on a scale like never before, our solution can serve over 300 million users!
The Approach: Decoupled Drupal solution approach for increased flexibility with external systems and faster deliveries
- We got creative and brainstormed all possible scenarios before diving in. We carefully examined the current systems and their touchpoints in order to design a solution that would achieve the desired outcome. Our solution had to work well with external systems and be lightning-fast, so we made it headless/decoupled and API-driven.
- We built an API layer to ensure seamless communication between the solution and external entities such as the legacy systems and the mobile app front end. The core state machine was united with the external systems by way of the API layer. For the web front end, we chose Angular to enable API-based communication. Check out the cool Drupal modules we used!
- Juggling over 1 million transactions each month
- Keeping the fraudsters at bay with top-notch detection skills
- Making those marketing campaigns go live in record time
- Streamlining operations with regional control effectively