IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) is one of the world's largest technical professional organizations dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. The IEEE Information Theory Society (ITSoc) is a professional society of the IEEE focused on several aspects of information: its processing, transmission, storage, and usage.
The Goal: IEEE wanted a completely revamped website where the features were user-friendly, transitioning from a previously complex UI/UX design to one that makes an impact on a first-time user.
Our work in a nutshell
- Refreshing the website's UI/UX design as per the current market trends
- Enhancing content management capabilities
- Migrating content from Plone to Drupal 9
- Providing the ability to easily manage large amounts of video content
- Implementing secure, stable, and streamlined deployment processes and hosting
The Challenge: A complex workflow with limited features and third-party integrations
- Using cutting-edge technology and following the IEEE brand guidelines, our team has created a platform that offers advanced video search and faceted listing capabilities.
- Members can easily create and update content using a customized workflow that streamlines the process. Plus, we've made it simple to seamlessly integrate with third-party applications for single sign-on convenience.
- Additionally, we're providing the ability to create microsites with unique looks and authoring flows that set them apart from the parent site. This is a must-read for anyone interested in web design and development!
The Approach: A component-driven methodology using Drupal’s Groups feature to build a site from scratch
- We started with a design process that allowed us to iterate and refine our work until our visuals were totally stunning. Then, we broke down the designs into easy-to-use components that could be used to build pages with ease.
- To ensure everything ran smoothly, we utilized Drupal's Groups feature to create a seamless experience for users.
- Plus, we added Elasticsearch to create an incredibly powerful search function that you'll have to see to believe. When we migrated content from Plone, we did it with precision and accuracy, ensuring that everything transferred perfectly.
Testimonial - BRIAN KURKOSKI
Specbee was consistently responsive to our requests, and built an on-budget site that met all of our specifications.BRIAN KURKOSKIChair of Online Committee, IEEE Information Theory Society