Enabling a cohesive digital experience across multiple regional websites for Aster Hospitals
Aster Hospitals is a global healthcare provider with a large presence in the Middle East and India. The scope of this project was to provide a unified look and feel and bring the 8 different regional hospital websites under a top level domain while still providing the flexibility for the regional marketing teams to create/update their region specific hospital pages. We were tasked to build an all new website that has:
- A compelling UI/UX design to showcase a new brand identity
- Capabilities to search for anything hospital related, fine-tunable with facets
- A custom built component library containing bespoke page elements using which pages/sections can be created by the marketing team without any coding effort or knowledge
- Capabilities that allows creation of new hospital websites using elements from a customized component library
- We needed to produce a compelling user experience design that made Aster standout among competitors while being intuitive and easy to use for their consumers.
- Component based page building capabilities for regional marketing teams that allows them to create pages using a wide selection of UI components.
- Intuitive and Faceted search implementation for a variety of search keywords ranging from Doctor names to hospital locations.
- Migration of data from the existing hospital websites to the new top level domain site while making sure the traffic remains unhampered.
We started with research, competitive analysis and customer questionnaires to understand the expectations of Aster’s target customer. We then converted these into story boards and produced designs following our 3 step design process i.e.: Pencil sketching, Wire-framing and Visual designs. Our Drupal Front end team built the theme and components using the visual designs. The components were stitched to the backend in such a way that pages could then be created along with the associated functionality. We extensively used Paragraphs, Claro, Media modules on Drupal 9 to achieve the authoring capabilities required for component based page building. Search functionality involved custom development along with the use of Apache SOLR.