A Drupal powered multi-site, multi-lingual platform to enable a unified user experience at SEMI
SEMI is the global industry association representing the electronics manufacturing and design supply chain, connecting over 2,400 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide. They were looking for a trusted partner to revamp their sites, supply ongoing support to multiple web properties, and create new features.
Our work included:
- Overhauling and enhancing site designs to coincide with a new brand reveal,
- Migrating several web properties in multiple languages to Drupal 9,
- Providing long-term support engagement on multiple sites,
- Supplying consulting and infrastructure consulting.
- Bring a unified user experience & platform, make it easier for members, prospects and SEMI staff to traverse SEMI digital sites.
- Optimizing a multi-site, multi-lingual setup to enable better focus and customization for regions.
- Quick feature roll out to support regional marketing teams in a seamless manner.
- Seamless Integration with third party marketing tools to enable lead capturing and nurturing.
- Implementing a multifaceted nested menu system while simplifying navigation.
- Normalization of the look and feel to maintain consistency across different sections of the site.
- SEO fixes
We worked closely with the SEMI team to understand, prioritize and plan feature additions to the site. We made the best use of the Multi-site and multi-lingual features that were available with Drupal. CI/CD processes and systems were setup to enable quick, consistent and error-free deployment of new features. Custom modules were built in places where existing core/contrib modules wouldn't meet the requirements. Since the project also involved migration from Drupal 7 to Drupal 9, we followed our tried and tested migration approach that enables a seamless and efficient migration to Drupal 9. Contact us to find out about our migration approach and how we can help you.